Author:Thomas Sheridan (1719-1788)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For authors with similar names, see Author:Thomas Sheridan.
|←Author Index: Sh||Thomas Sheridan
|Thomas SheridanIrish stage actor and educator; godson of Jonathan Swift; son of|
The Life of Dr. Jonathan Swift
- Life of Dr. Swift. Sect. I
- Sect. II. From the death of sir William Temple, to the time of his introduction to lord Oxford
- Sect. III. From the introduction to Mr. Harley, to the death of the queen
- Sect. IV.
- Sect. V. From his return to Ireland to his death
- Sect. VI. Private memoirs of Swift
- Sect. VII. Anecdotes, memoirs, and detached pieces
- Memoirs and anecdotes of Swift, extracted from the former publications by Dr. Delany and others
- Some particulars concerning Dr. Swift, taken from Mrs. Pilkington's Memoirs
- Pedigree of the younger branch of the Swifts of Yorkshire
- Testimonies Respecting the Character of Dr. Swift
Works about Sheridan
- "Sheridan, Thomas," in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Sheridan," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911), article covers four members of the Sheridan family, including Thomas.
- "Sheridan, Thomas (1719-1788)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.