Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Te||Thomas Tenison
|Archbishop of Canterbury|
- The creed of Mr. Hobbes examined in a feigned conference between him and a student in divinity (1670), in 4 volumes.
- Of idolatry: a discourse.... (1678)
- Baconia, or Certain Genuine Remains of Lord Bacon (1679)
- Discretion in Giving Alms (1681)
- A discourse concerning a guide in matters of faith; with respect, especially, to the Romish pretence of the necessity of such a one as is infallible. (1683)
- Popery not founded on scripture (1688)
- A discourse concerning the Ecclesiastical commission open'd in the jerusalem-chamber, October the 10th; 1689 (1689)
- A sermon concerning the coelestial body of a Christian after the resurrection, preached before the King and Queen at White-Hall, April 8, 1694 (1694)
- A sermon preached at the funeral of Her late Majesty Queen Mary of ever blessed memory in the Abbey-Church in Westminster, upon March 5, 1694 (1709)
Works about Tenison
- The Memoirs of the Life and Times of the Most Rev. Father in God, Dr Thomas Tenison, late Archbishop of Canterbury (1716?)
- Carpenter, E., Thomas Tenison, Archbishop of Canterbury: his life and times. (1948) London: S.P.C.K..
- “Tenison, Thomas” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1888).
- "Tenison, Thomas," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Tenison, Thomas," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)