|←Author Index: Wh||Thomas Whittaker
English metaphysician and critic
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "T. W-r"
- The Philosophy of History (1893)
- The Neoplatonists: A Study in the History of Hellenism (1901), third impression 1928
- Origins of Christianity (1904), fourth edition 1933
- Apollonius of Tyana and Other Essays (1906)
- The Liberal State (1907)
- Priests, Philosophers, and Prophets (1911)
- The Theory of Abstract Ethics (1916)
- The Metaphysics of Evolution, (1926)
- His Prolegomena to a New Metaphysic (1931)
- Reason (1934)
Works about Whittaker
- “Whittaker, Thomas,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886 by Foster, Joseph, Oxford: Parker and Co., 1888-1892.