Author:Ulysses S. Grant
|←Author Index: Gr||Hiram Ulysses Grant
|Andrew Johnson; succeeded by Rutherford Hayes. Union and Army four-star General (1839 - 1854, 1861 - 1869).18th President of the United States (1869 – 1877), with Schuyler Colfax (1869 - 1873) and Henry Wilson (1873 - 1875), succeeding|
State of the Union addresses
- First State of the Union address (6 December 1869)
- Second State of the Union address (5 December 1870)
- Third State of the Union address (4 December 1871)
- Fourth State of the Union address (2 December 1872)
- Fifth State of the Union address (1 December 1873)
- Sixth State of the Union address (7 December 1874)
- Seventh State of the Union address (7 December 1875)
- Eighth State of the Union address (5 December 1876)
- Executive Orders
- Personal Memoirs of U.S. Grant, (1886)
- “Testimony of General U. S. Grant,” in the Southern Historical Society Papers Volume 1, April 1876, regarding the treatment of prisoners in the Civil War
- “Grant, Ulysses S.” by Rossiter Johnson in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- Twain's telegraph to his wife regarding Grant, March 4, 1885
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Alexander Johnston in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- “Grant, Ulysses S.,” by Horace Porter in Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography, New York: D. Appleton and Co. (1892)
- Harry A. Cushing, “Grant, (Hiram) Ulysses Simpson,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson,” by John Fiske and Charles Francis Atkinson in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- Horace Porter, “Ulysses S. Grant” in The Presidents of the United States, 1789-1914, 1914. The text for this is based almost word-for-word on the Appletons' Cyclopædia of American Biography article. The illustrations are quite different.
- “Grant, Ulysses S,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Grant, (Hiram) Ulysses Simpson,” by Irving E. Rines in The Encyclopedia Americana, New York: The Encyclopedia Americana Corporation (1920)
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co.
- “Grant, Ulysses Simpson” by Joseph McCabe in A Biographical Dictionary of Ancient, Medieval, and Modern Freethinkers, 1945.