Author:Vivian Byam Lewes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Le||Vivian Byam Lewes
F.I.C., F.C.S., Professor of Chemistry, Royal Naval College, Greenwich; Chief Superintending Gas Examiner to the Corporation of the City of London; vice-president of the Institute of Naval Architects
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "V. B. L."
- Air and Water (1892) (External scan)
- Acetylene: A Handbook for the Student and Manufacturer (1900) (External scan)
- Liquid and Gaseous Fuels (1907) (External scan)
- The Carbonisation of Coal (1912) (External scan)
- Service chemistry; a manual of chemistry and metallurgy and their application in the naval and military services (1913) (External scan)
Contributions to Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th ed.
- “Acetylene”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911)
- “Gas”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911) (Gas Manufacture. 1. Illuminating Gas)
- “Lighting”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed., 1911) (Oil and Gas)
Articles in Popular Science Monthly
Works about Lewes
- "Vivian Byam Lewes". J. Chem. Soc., Trans. 109: 382–385. 1916.