Author:William Henry Davenport Adams
(Redirected from Author:W. H. Davenport Adams)
|←Author Index: Ad||William Henry Davenport Adams
|English writer and journalist|
- History, Topography, and Antiquities of the Isle of Wight 1856 and 1884.
- Memorable Battles in English History 1862, 1868, and 1878.
- Famous Regiments 1864.
- Famous Ships of the British Navy 1868.
- Lighthouses and Lightships 1870, 1876.
- The Arctic World: its Plants, Animals, and Natural Phenomena 1876.
- The Bird World 1877.
- English Party Leaders 2 vols. 1878.
- The Merry Monarch 1885.
- England on the Sea 2 vols. 1885.
- England at War 2 vols. 1886.
- Good Queen Anne 1886.
- A Concordance to the Plays of Shakespeare 1886.
- Witch, Warlock, and Magician 1889.
Works about Adams
- “Adams, William Henry Davenport,” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.