Author:Walter Horatio Pater
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pa||Walter Horatio Pater
|English essayist, critic of art and literature, and writer of fiction|
- The Renaissance (1873)
- Marius the Epicurean (1885)
- Imaginary Portraits (1887)
- Appreciations: With an essay on style (1889)
- Plato and Platonism: A series of lectures (1893)
- Greek Studies: A series of essays (1895)
- Miscellaneous Studies: A series of Essays (1895)
Works about Pater
- “Pater, Walter Horatio,” in Alumni Oxonienses: the Members of the University of Oxford, 1715-1886, by Joseph Foster, London: Parker and Co. (1888–1892) in 4 vols.
- "Mr. Pater on Ideal Æstheticism", by George Edward Woodberry from Studies in letters and life (1890).
- “Pater, Walter Horatio,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- “Pater, Walter Horatio,” in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)