Author:Walter William Skeat
|←Author Index: Sk||Walter William Skeat
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. W. S."
- The Complete Works of Geoffrey Chaucer (as Editor, 1894)
- Vol. I - Romaunt of the Rose; Minor Poems
- Vol. II - Boethius and Troilus
- Vol. III - The House of Fame; The Legend of Good Women; The Treatise on the Astrolabe; with an Account of the Sources of the Canterbury Tales
- Vol. IV - The Canterbury Tales: Text
- Vol. V - Notes to the Canterbury Tales
- Vol. VI - General Introduction to the Edition, Glossary, and Indexes
- Chaucerian and Other Pieces (as Editor, 1897, a supplement to The Complete Works)
- “ ‘Snakestones’ and Stone Thunderbolts as Subjects for Systematic Investigation” Folk-Lore, volume 23 (1912), pp. 45–79.
- An Etymological Dictionary of the English Language
- “Layamon” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- Ælfric's Lives of Saints (as an editor and co-translator)