Author:Walter William Skeat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sk||Walter William Skeat
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. W. S."
- The Bruce; or, The book of the most excellent and noble prince, Robert de Broyss, king of Scots (as Editor, 1870)
- The Complete Works of Geoffrey Chaucer (as Editor, 1894)
- Vol. I - Romaunt of the Rose; Minor Poems
- Vol. II - Boethius and Troilus
- Vol. III - The House of Fame; The Legend of Good Women; The Treatise on the Astrolabe; with an Account of the Sources of the Canterbury Tales
- Vol. IV - The Canterbury Tales: Text
- Vol. V - Notes to the Canterbury Tales
- Vol. VI - General Introduction to the Edition, Glossary, and Indexes
- Chaucerian and Other Pieces (as Editor, 1897, a supplement to The Complete Works)
- An Etymological Dictionary of the English Language
- Ælfric's Lives of Saints (as an editor and co-translator)
- Specimens of Early English —.Part II. From Robert of Gloucester to Gower (A.D. 1298 to A.D. 1393), co-authored with R. Morris
- Specimens of English Literature, from the 'Ploughmans Crede' to the 'Shepheardes Calender.
- The Principles of English Etymology
- First Series. The Native Element
- Second Series. The Foreign Element
- A Primer of English Etymology
- Twelve Facsimiles of Old-English Manuscripts
Works about Skeat