Author:Willard Van Orman Quine
- 1934 A system of logistic. (Renewal: R292343)
- 1951 (1940). Mathematical Logic. Harvard Univ. Press. ISBN 0-674-55451-5. (Renewal: RE037520) (Covering new matter in the 1951 edition only)
- 1966. Selected Logic Papers. New York: Random House.
- 1970. The Web of Belief. New York: Random House.
- 1980 (1941). Elementary Logic. Harvard Univ. Press. ISBN 0-674-24451-6.
- 1982 (1950). Methods of Logic. Harvard Univ. Press. (Renewal: RE004447)
- 1980 (1953). From a Logical Point of View; 9 logico-philosophical essays.. Harvard Univ. Press. ISBN 0-674-32351-3. (Renewal: RE095586) and (Renewal: RE440468) (Covering new material in the 1961 edition)
- On What There Is :1-19.
- Two Dogmas of Empiricism:20-46.
- The Problem of Meaning in Linguistics:47-64.
- Identity, Ostension, and Hypostasis:65-79.
- New Foundations for Mathematical Logic:80-101.
- Logic and the Reification of Universals:102-129.
- Notes on the Theory of Reference:130-138.
- Reference and Modality:139-159.
- Meaning and Existential Inference:160-167.
- 1960 Word and Object. MIT Press; ISBN 0-262-67001-1. The closest thing Quine wrote to a philosophical treatise. Chpt. 2 sets out the indeterminacy of translation thesis.
- 1976 (1966). The Ways of Paradox. Harvard Univ. Press.
- 1969 Ontological Relativity and Other Essays. Columbia Univ. Press. ISBN 0-231-08357-2. Contains chapters on ontological relativity, naturalized epistemology and natural kinds.
- 1969 (1963). Set Theory and Its Logic. Harvard Univ. Press. (Renewal: RE539075)
- 1985 The Time of My Life - An Autobiography. Cambridge, The MIT Press. ISBN 0-262-17003-5. 1986: Harvard Univ. Press.
- 1986 (1970). The Philosophy of Logic. Harvard Univ. Press.
- 1987 Quiddities: An Intermittently Philosophical Dictionary. Harvard Univ. Press. ISBN 0-14-012522-1. A work of essays, many subtly humorous, for lay readers, very revealing of the breadth of his interests.
- 1992 (1990). Pursuit of Truth. Harvard Univ. Press. A short, lively synthesis of his thought for advanced students and general readers not fooled by its simplicity. ISBN 0-674-73951-5.
- 1946, "Concatenation as a basis for arithmetic." Reprinted in his Selected Logic Papers. Harvard Univ. Press.
- 1948, "On What There Is," Review of Metaphysics. Reprinted in his 1953 From a Logical Point of View. Harvard University Press.
- 1951, "Two Dogmas of Empiricism," The Philosophical Review 60: 20-43. Reprinted in his 1953 From a Logical Point of View. Harvard University Press.
- 1956, "Quantifiers and Propositional Attitudes," Journal of Philosophy 53. Reprinted in his 1976 Ways of Paradox. Harvard Univ. Press: 185-96.
- 1969, "Epistemology Naturalized" in Ontological Relativity and Other Essays. New York: Columbia University Press: 69-90.
Some or all works by this author are in the public domain in the United States because they were legally published within the United States (or the United Nations Headquarters in New York subject to Section 7 of the United States Headquarters Agreement) before 1964, and copyright was not renewed.
- For Class A renewals records (books only) published between 1923 and 1963, check the Stanford University Copyright Renewal Database.
- For other renewal records of publications between 1922–1950 see the University of Pennsylvania copyright records scans.
- For all records since 1978, search the U.S. Copyright Office records.
- See also the Rutgers copyright renewal records for further information.
This author died in 2000, so works by this author are in the public domain in countries and areas where the copyright term is the author's life plus 22 years or less. These works may be in the public domain in countries and areas with longer native copyright terms that apply the rule of the shorter term to foreign works.
It is imperative that contributors search the renewal databases and ascertain that there is no evidence of a copyright renewal before using this license. Failure to do so will result in the deletion of the work as a copyright violation.
Public domainPublic domainfalse