Author:William Cavendish (1592-1676)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ca||William Cavendish
|Margaret Cavendish1st duke of Newcastle. Husband of|
- rules for the races which were to be run every month during six months of the year, which have been preserved by the care of Anthony à Wood (broadside in the Bodleian).
- A New Method and Extraordinary Invention to Dress Horses, and Work them, according to Nature; as also to Perfect Nature by the Subtlety of Art; which was never found out but by the thrice noble, high, and puissant Prince, William Cavendish, &c. (1667)
- The Country Captain (1649)
- The Variety
- The Humorous Lovers (1677)
- The Triumphant Widow, or the Medley of Humours (1677).
- Etourdi by Molière
Works about Cavendish
- The Life of the thrice noble High and Puissant Prince, William Cavendish (1667) by Margaret Cavendish
- The first Duke and Duchess of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (1910) by Thomas Longueville
- "Cavendish, William (1592-1676)," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.