Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ca||Margaret Cavendish
|William Cavendish, 1st duke of Newcastle.English aristocrat, writer, and scientist. Wife of|
- Philosophical Fancies (1653)
- Poems and Fancies (1653)
- The Philosophical and Physical Opinions, Written by her Excellency, the Lady Marchionesse of Newcastle (1655)
- The World's Olio (1655)
- Nature's Pictures drawn by Fancie's Pencil to the Life (1656)
- Playes (1662), containing twenty-one plays.
- Orations of Divers Sorts (1662)
- CCXI Sociable Letters (1664)
- Philosophical Letters, or Modest Reflections upon some Opinions in Natural Philosophy maintained by several learned authors of the age (1664)
- The Description of a New World, Called the Blazing-World (1666)
- The Life of William Cavendish, Duke, Marquis, and Earl of Newcastle, Earl of Ogle, Viscount Mansfield, and Baron of Bolsover, of Ogle, Bothal, and Hepple, &c. (1667)
- Plays never before printed (1668), containing five plays.
- Grounds of Natural Philosophy (1668)
- Select Poems (1813)
- True Relation of the Birth, Breeding, and Life of Margaret Cavendish, Duchess of Newcastle, written by Herself (1814)
Works about Cavendish
- "Cavendish, Margaret," in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- The first Duke and Duchess of Newcastle-upon-Tyne (1910) by Thomas Longueville