|←Author Index: Cr||William Crooke
|Folk-Lore from 1915 until his death.British orientalist, member of the Indian Civil Service. Editor of|
- Tribes and Castes of the North-Western (later United) Provinces
- Popular religion and folklore of Northern India (1894) (transcription project)
- Things Indian (1906) (transcription project)
- Rural and agricultural glossary
- The Talking Thrush, and other tales from India (1922) (transcription project)
- The Binding of a God: A Study of the Basis of Idolatry, in vol. 8 (1897), pp. 325–355.
- “The Scientific Aspects of Folklore” (Presidential Address) in volume 23, (1912), pp. 14–32.
- The Interpretation of Survivals in volume 30 (1919), pp. 132–133.
- Reviews of M. Longworth Dames’ translation of The Book of Duarte Barbosa; — Hamd.-Allah Mustawfi of Qasivin’s The Geographical Part of the Nuzhat-al-Qulūb. — Vincent A. Smith’s The Oxford History of India, from the Earliest Times to the end of 1911; — F. J. Richards’s Madras District Gazetteer; — Joseph Davey Cunningham’s A History of the Sikhs, from the Origin of the Nation to the Battles of the Sutlej. in volume 30 (1919), pp. 242–247.
- “The Cults of the Mother Goddesses in India,” in volume 30 (1919), pp. 282–308.
- Review of R. P. Masani’s Folk-Lore from India. in volume 30 (1919), pp. 323–324.
- Obituary of Vincent Arthur Smith in volume 31 (1920) p. 87
- Review of D. L. R. and E. O. Lorimer’s Persian Folk Tales. in volume 31 (1920) pp. 156–157
- Review of M. Bloomfield’s Traditions of the Jains. The Life and Stories of the Jain Savior Parçvanātha. in volume 31 (1920) p. 158
- Review of Rai Bahadur’s Hindu Holidays and Ceremonials, with Dissertations on Origin, Folklore and Symbols. in volume 31 (1920) pp. 168–169
- Review of A. Hingston Quiggin and A. C. Haddon’s edition of A. H. Keane’s Man, Past and Present, in volume 31 (1920) pp. 253–254
- Prentice Pillars: the Architect and his Pupil in volume 31 (1920) pp. 323–324
- Obituary of Mansel Longworth Dames, in volume 33 (1922) pp. 131–132
- H. A. Rose, "In Memoriam: William Crooke (1848-1923)", Folk-lore, Vol. 34, No. 4 (Dec. 31, 1923), pp. 382–385.
- Richard C. Temple, "William Crooke, D.Sc., Litt.D., F.B.A., C.I.E.", Man, Vol. 24, (Jan., 1924), pp. 6–7