Author:William Elford Leach
|←Author Index: Le||William Elford Leach
|English zoologist and marine biologist.|
- Zoological Miscellany (1814-1817)
- Monograph on the British Crabs, Lobsters, Prawns and other Crustacea with pedunculated eyes (1815-1875)
- Systematic catalogue of the Specimens of the Indigenous Mammalia and Birds that are preserved at the British Museum (1816)
- Synopsis of the Mollusca of Great Britain (circulated 1820, but not published until 1852).
Works about Leach
- Harrison, K. & Smith, E. (2008). Rifle-Green by Nature: A Regency Naturalist and his Family, William Elford Leach. London: The Ray Society. ISBN 978-0-9-03874-35-9.
- “Leach, William Elford,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols. (but see Discussion tab at that Wikisource location)