|←Author Index: Fo||William Forsyth
English writer and politician
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. F." in vol. 20 and 51.
- A Treatise On The Law Relating To Composition...With Creditors (1845)
- Hortensius; or, The Advocate (1849)
- A Treatise On The Law Relating To The Custody Of Infants (1850)
- History Of Trial By Jury (1852)
- History Of The Captivity Of Napoleon At St Helena (1853)
- Life Of Marcus Tullius Cicero (1864), (1875 3rd) (External scan)
- Great Fair Of Nijni Novogorod, And How We Got There (1865)
- Cases And Opinions On Constitutional Law (1869) (External scan)
- Novels And Novelists Of The Eighteenth Century (1871) (External scan)
- History of ancient manuscripts : a lecture delivered in the Hall of the Inner Temple (1872) (External scan)
- Rules Of Evidence As Applicable To The Credibility Of History (1874)
- Essays critical and narrative (1874) (External scan)
- History Of Lawyers, Ancient And Modern (1875)
- Slavonic Provinces South Of The Danube (1876) (External scan)
Works about Forsyth
- “Forsyth, William (1812-1899),” in Dictionary of National Biography Supplement, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1901) in 3 vols.