Author:William George Black
|←Author Index: Bl||William George Black
Scottish writer and public notary; Glasgow antiquarian; senior partner in the legal firm of Black, Honeyman, & Monteath
This author wrote articles for the Dictionary of National Biography, and the list on this page is complete to 1901.
Articles written by this author are designated in the DNB by the initials "W. G. B-k."
- Folk-medicine : a chapter in the history of culture (1883) 
- The Law relating to County Councils (1889)
- A Digest of Decisions in Scottish Shipping Cases, 1865-1890, with Notes (1891)
- What are teinds? : An account of the history of tithes in Scotland (1893) 
- Winter days in India and Elsewhere (1908) 
- The parochial ecclesiastical law of Scotland : : as modified by the Church of Scotland Acts, 1921 and 1925 (1928)
- Heligoland and the Islands of the North Sea
- “The Hare in Folk-lore” in The Folk-Lore Journal, 1 (1883)
- “Folk-Tales of North Friesland” in The Folk-Lore Journal, 5 (1887)
- Shettleston and Peaton Chapel cases & miscellaneous ecclesiastical papers.
- Ardrossan, Auchterarder, Roxburgh and Stonehouse cases, 1898-1905.
- Dumbarton Glebe case, 1906, and miscellaneous ecclesiastical papers.
- Notes and newspaper cuttings relating to the Biggar, Shettleston, and Thornliebank church cases. 1894-97.
- Commonplace book. 1875
Works about Black
Black, William George (1857-1932) Miscellaneous Writer 161266 at National Register of Archives