|←Author Index: Go||William Godwin
|Mary Shelley.An English political writer and novelist, considered one of the first exponents of utilitarian, and one of the first modern proponents of anarchist philosophy. Father of|
- The History of the Life of William Pitt, Earl of Chatham, 1783 external scan
- An Enquiry Concerning Political Justice 1793 vol 1, vol 2
- The Adventures of Caleb Williams, 1794 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- The enquirer. 1797 external scan
- Memoirs of the author of A vindication of the rights of woman, 1798 external scan
- Posthumous works of the author of A vindication of the rights of woman: Mary Wollstonecraft, 1798 vol 3
- St. Leon: A Tale of the Sixteenth Century, 1801 vol 1, vol 2
- Life of Geoffrey Chaucer, 1804 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4
- Fleetwood, 1805 vol 2, vol 1 2nd ed
- The Pantheon: Or, Ancient History of the Gods of Greece and Rome. 1814 external scan
- Mandeville, 1817 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- Life of Lady Jane Grey, and of Lord Guildford Dudley, Her Husband, 1824 (short work) external scan
- History of the commonwealth of England. 1824 vol 1, vol 3 , vol 4
- Cloudesley, 1830 vol 2, vol 2, vol 3
- Thoughts on Man, 1831 external scan
- Deloraine, 1833 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- Lives of the Necromancers, 1834 external scan
- Transfusion, 1835 vol 1, vol 2, vol 3
- Essays; never before published, 1873 external scan
- The New Annual Register
- Tabart's collection of popular stories for the nursery (editor), 1804 vol 1
- A first gallery of literary portraits by George Gilfillan, 1813-1878 (1851) external scan
Works about Godwin
- Public Characters 1799 external scan
- * The spirit of the age, 1825 external scan
- William Godwin: his friends and contemporaries, 1876 vol 1, vol 2
- “Godwin, William,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Godwin, William (1756-1836),” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- William Godwin, by William Hazlitt. Essay in The Spirit of the Age.
- “Godwin, William,” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1906.
About Godwin's works