Author:William Hickling Prescott
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- History of the Reign of Ferdinand and Isabella the Catholic
- 1st edition (1837), in 4 vols.
- 10th edition (1846), in 3 vols.
- History of the Conquest of Mexico (1843), in 3 vols.
- Biographical and Critical Miscellanies (1845) (transcription project)
- History of the Conquest of Peru (1847), in 2 vols.
- History of the Reign of Philip the Second, King of Spain (1856–1858), in 4 vols.
- Memoir of the Honorable Abbott Lawrence (1856)
- The History of the Reign of the Emperor Charles the Fifth (1864)
Works about Prescott
- Life of William Hickling Prescott (1864), by George Ticknor (external scan)
- "Prescott, William Hickling," in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons (1910)
- "Prescott, William Hickling," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Prescott, William Hickling," in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
On his works
- "Prescott's History of the Conquest of Mexico" in Littell's Living Age, 1 (1) (1844)
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.