Author:William Hunter (1755-1812)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Phil. Trans. lxxi. 58
- Concise Account of the Kingdom of Pegu, its Climate, Produce, … the Manners and Customs of its Inhabitants.… With an appendix containing an enquiry into the cause of the variety observable in the fleeces of sheep in different climates. To which is added a description of the Caves at Elephanta, Ambola, and Canara,’ Calcutta, 1785, 8vo; Lond. 1789, 12mo.
- “Narrative of a Journey from Agra to Oujein”, Asiatic Researches VI: pp. 7-76, 1801
- Some Artificial Caverns near Bombay (1788)
- Hindustani and English dictionary (1808), in two volumes
- Collection of Proverbs and Proverbial Phrases in Persian and Hindustani, with Translations (1824)
- Essay on Diseases incident to Indian Seamen, or Lascars, on Long Voyages (1804)
Works about Hunter
- "Hunter, William (1755-1812)," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
Some or all works by this author were published before January 1, 1928, and are in the public domain worldwide because the author died at least 100 years ago. Translations or editions published later may be copyrighted. Posthumous works may be copyrighted based on how long they have been published in certain countries and areas.