Author:William Kirby (1759-1850)
For authors with similar names, see Author:William Kirby.
|←Author Index: Ki||William Kirby
|The "father of entomology".|
- Monographia Apum Angliae (1802, two volumes) vol 1, vol 2
- Introduction to Entomology (1815-1826, four volumes, with William Spence). vol 1, vol 2, vol 3, vol 4
- "A century of insects", Transactions of the Linnean Society of London 12 (1818).
- "A description of several new species of insects collected in New Holland by Robert Brown, Esq.", Transactions of the Linnean Society of London 12: 454-482 (1818).
- Strictures on Sir James Smith's Hypothesis respecting the Lilies of the Field of our Saviour and the Acanthus of Virgil (1819)
- "A description of some coleopterous insects in the collection of the Rev. F.W. Hope, F.L.S." Zoological Journal 3: 520-525 (1828).
- Fauna boreali-americana 1829, (contributor)
- Seven Sermons on our Lords Temptations (1829).
- The History, Habits and Instincts of Animals (1835, two volumes). vol 1, vol 2