Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Pl||William Playfair
|British mathematician, engineer and political economist|
- 1785. The Increase of Manufactures, Commerce, and Finance, with the Extension of Civil Liberty, Proposed in Regulations for the Interest of Money. London: G.J. & J. Robinson.
- 1786. The Commercial and Political Atlas: Representing, by Means of Stained Copper-Plate Charts, the Progress of the Commerce, Revenues, Expenditure and Debts of England during the Whole of the Eighteenth Century.
- 1787. Joseph and Benjamin, a Conversation Translated from a French Manuscript. London: J. Murray.
- 1793. Thoughts on the Present State of French Politics, and the Necessity and Policy of Diminishing France, for Her Internal Peace, and to Secure the Tranquillity of Europe. London: J. Stockdale.
- 1793. A general view of the actual force and resources of France, in January, M. DCC. XCIII: to which is added, a table, shewing the depreciation of assignats, arising from their increase in quantity. J. Stockdale.
- 1796. The History of Jacobinism, Its Crimes, Cruelties and Perfidies: Comprimising an Inquiry into the Manner of Disseminating, under the Appearance of Philosophy and Virtue, Principles which are Equally Subversive of Order, Virtue, Religion, Liberty and Happiness. Vol. I.. Philadelphia: W. Cobbett.
- 1796. For the Use of the Enemies of England, a Real Statement of the Finances and Resources of Great Britain
- 1798. Lineal arithmetic, Applied to Shew the Progress of the Commerce and Revenue of England During the Present Century. A. Paris.
- 1799. Stricture on the Asiatic Establishments of Great Britain, With a View to an Enquiry into the True Interests of the East India Company. Bunney & Gold.
- 1801. Statistical Breviary; Shewing, on a Principle Entirely New, the Resources of Every State and Kingdom in Europe. London: Wallis.
- 1805. An Inquiry into the Permanent Causes of the Decline and Fall of Powerful and Wealthy Nations. London: Greenland & Norris.
- An Inquiry into the Permanent Causes of the Decline and Fall of Powerful and Wealthy Nations, 1807 edition Project Gutenberg
- 1805. European commerce, shewing new and secure channels of trade with the continent of Europe...
- 1805. Statistical Account of the United States of America by D. F. Donnant. London: J. Whiting. William Playfair, Trans.
- 1807. European Commerce, Shewing New and Secure Channels of Trade with the Continent of Europe. Vol. I.. Philadelphia: J. Humphreys.
- 1808. Inevitable Consequences of a Reform in Parliament
- 1809. A Fair and Candid Address to the Nobility and Baronets of the United Kingdom; Accompanied with Illustrations and Proofs of the Advantage of Hereditary Rank and Title in a Free Country
- 1811. British Family Antiquity: Index to the 9 Volumes of William Playfair's Family Antiquity of the British Nobility
- 1813. Outlines of a Plan for a New and Solid Balance of Power in Europe. J. Stockdale.
- 1814. Political Portraits in This New Æra, Vol. II . London: C. Chapple.
- 1816. Supplementary Volume to Political Portraits in This New Æra. London: C. Chapple.
- 1818. The History of England, from the Revolution in 1688 to the Death of George II. Vol. II. R. Scholey.
- 1819. France as it Is, Not Lady Morgan's France, Vol. I. London: C. Chapple.
- 1820. France as it Is, Not Lady Morgan's France, Vol. II. London: C. Chapple.