Author:William Ralston Shedden Ralston
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ra||William Ralston Shedden Ralston
|British translator, Slavic and Russian-scholar|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. R. S.-R."
- Krilov and His Fables (1869) (external scan)
- The Songs of the Russian People, as Illustrative of Slavonic Mythology and Russian Social Life (1872) (external scan)
- Russian Folk-Tales (1873) ((external scan)
- republished as Russian Fairy Tales. A Choice Collection of Muscovite Folk-lore (1887) (external scan)
- Early Russian History: Four Lectures (1874) (external scan)
Articles in Littell's Living Age
- "Count Leo Tolstoy’s Novels" in Littell's Living Age, 141 (1822)
- "Henri Greville's Sketches of Russian Life" in Littell's Living Age, 139 (1891)
- "Puss in Boots" in Littell's Living Age, 156 (2016)
- "Russian Idylls" in Littell's Living Age, 129 (1666)
- "Turkish Story-Books" in Littell's Living Age, 133 (1713)
- Introduction to Portuguese Folk-Tales collected by Consiglieri Pedroso. Folk-Lore Society, 1882.
- Liza (1869; translation of Дворянское гнездо by Ivan Turgenev, also translated as A House of Gentlefolk) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- Tibetan Tales: Derived from Indian Sources (1906; re-translated from German translation by F. Anton Schiefner) (external scan)
- "Russian fables" Selection from Krilov in An argosy of fables, 1921.
- "Gogol, Nikolai Vasilievich," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Hertzen, Alexander," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- "Lermontov, Mikhail Yurevich," in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
Works about Ralston
- "Ralston, William Ralston Shedden-," in Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900, London: Smith, Elder, & Co. (1885-1900) in 63 vols.
- "Ralston, William Ralston Shedden-," in The New International Encyclopædia, New York: Dodd, Mead and Co. (1905)
- "Shedden-Ralston, William Ralston," in Men-at-the-Bar (2nd ed., p. 383), by Foster, J., London: Hazel, Watson and Viney, Limited (1885)