Author:William Ralston Shedden Ralston
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Ra||William Ralston Shedden Ralston
|British translator, Slavic and Russian-scholar|
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. R. S.-R."
- Krilov and His Fables (1869)
- The Songs of the Russian People, as Illustrative of Slavonic Mythology and Russian Social Life (1872)
- Russian Folk-Tales (1873)
- republished as Russian Fairy Tales. A Choice Collection of Muscovite Folk-lore (1887)
- Early Russian History: Four Lectures (1874)
Articles in Littell's Living Age
- Introduction to Portuguese Folk-Tales collected by Consiglieri Pedroso. Folk-Lore Society, 1882.
- Liza (1869; translation of Дворянское гнездо by Ivan Turgenev, also translated as A House of Gentlefolk)
- Tibetan Tales: Derived from Indian Sources (1906; re-translated from German translation by F. Anton Schiefner)
- "Russian fables" Selection from Krilov in An argosy of fables, 1921.
Works about Ralston