Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Sp||William Spalding
|Professor of Rhetoric at Edinburgh. Professor of Logic, St Andrews.|
This author wrote articles for the Encyclopædia Britannica, Ninth Edition.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB9 by the initials "W. S."
This author wrote articles for the 1911 Encyclopædia Britannica.
Articles attributed to this author are designated in EB1911 by the initials "W. S."
- Italy and the Italian Islands from the Earliest Ages to the Present Time (1841) (external scans (multiple parts): 1, 2)
- The history of English literature; with an outline of the origin and growth of the English language (1853) (external scan)
- A letter on Shakspere's authorship of The two noble kinsmen: and on the characteristics of Shakspere's style and the secret of his supremacy (1876) (external scan)
- “Addison, Joseph” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).
- “Anne” in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed., 1878).