Jump to navigation Jump to search
|←Author Index: Wi||William Wilberforce
|English parliamentarian and leader of the campaign against the slave trade.|
- On the Horrors of the Slave Trade (12 May 1789)
- The Practical View of the Prevailing Religious System of Professed Christians in the Higher and Middle Classes of This Country Contrasted with Real Christianity
Works about Wilberforce
- “Wilberforce, William,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature, by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons
- “Wilberforce, William,” in Encyclopædia Britannica (11th ed., 1911)
- “Wilberforce, William,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.
- "Lord Eldon and Mr. Wilberforce", by William Hazlitt. Essay in The Spirit of the Age.
- Sonnet to William Wilberforce, Esq. by William Cowper