- Why the dearest days of my life
- Were Bandana days,
- Bandana days though filled with turmoil, trouble and strife,
- Dearest mem'ries will live always.
- In those dear old Bandana days,
- Cane and cotton ne'er forgotten,
- Bandana days.
- And those quaint old
- Bandana ways,
- When our dads were courting our dear mammies,
- They were sure some bashful sammies,
- And in all their Bandana plays,
- Banjos strummin', they'd be hummin'
- Bandana lays.
- And in the pale moonlight they'd swing left and right,
- In those dear old Bandana days.