Catholic Encyclopedia (1913)/Alberto Arnoldi
(Or di Arnoldo).
Italian sculptor and architect, b. at Florence, fourteenth century. In 1364, he made for the church of Santa Maria del Bigallo, in Florence, the colossal group of the Blessed Virgin and Child with two angels (attributed by an error of Vasari to Andrea Pisano). Arnoldi worked at this group from 1359 to 1364. As architect, he directed the works of the cathedral of Florence about 1358.
Cicognara, Storia della scultura; Peumorks, Italienische Forschungen; Biographie generale (Paris, 1806).
THOMAS H. POOLE