- Charles Dickens, a work on the man by G. K. Chesterton
- Appreciations and Criticisms of the Works of Charles Dickens, a work by G. K. Chesterton
- “Dickens, Charles”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Dickens, Charles,” in A Short Biographical Dictionary of English Literature by John William Cousin, London: J. M. Dent & Sons, 1910.
- “Dickens, Charles,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Dickens, Charles,” in Dictionary of National Biography, London: Smith, Elder, & Co., (1885–1900) in 63 vols.