Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)/Hartford Theological Seminary
HARTFORD THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, an institution for theological education, founded in 1834, at East Windsor Hill, Conn., as The Theological Institute of Connecticut. It was removed in 1865 to Hartford, and its name was changed to Hartford Theological Seminary. It was affiliated in 1902 with the Hartford School of Religious Pedagogy. It includes a department of missions, known as the Kennedy School of Missions in memory of John Stewart Kennedy. The library contains over 100,000 volumes. In 1919 there were 12 instructors and 48 students. President, W. D. MacKenzie, D. D.