Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)/Ohio Northern University
OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY, an institution under the auspices of the Methodist Episcopal Church situated at Ada, Ohio. Two normal schools consolidated in 1885 under the name of the Ohio Normal University. This institution was purchased by the Methodists in 1898, and re-chartered under the name of the Ohio Northern University. It is a coeducational institution, having a preparatory, normal, and college department. The college is in session all but four weeks in the year. In 1915 two new buildings were erected, bringing the total value of the grounds and builoings close to a million dollars. In 1919 there were 480 students and 28 instructors. President, A. E. Smith.