Environmental Policy and Conflict Resolution Advancement Act of 2003
108TH UNITED STATES CONGRESS
To reauthorize the United States Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution, and for other purposes.
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
Section 1. Short Title.
- This Act may be cited as the ``Environmental Policy and Conflict Resolution Advancement Act of 2003´´.
Sec. 2. Environmental Dispute Resolution Fund.
- Section 13 of the Morris K. Udall Scholarship and Excellence in National Environmental and Native American Public Policy Act of 1992 (20 U.S.C. 5609) is amended by striking subsection (b) and inserting the following:
- ``(b) Environmental Dispute Resolution Fund.— There is authorized to be appropriated to the Environmental Dispute Resolution Fund established by Section 10 $4,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2004 through 2008, of which
- ``(1) $3,000,000 shall be used to pay operations costs (including not more than $1,000 for official reception and representation expenses); and
- ``(2) $1,000,000 shall be used for grants or other appropriate arrangements to pay the costs of services provided in a neutral manner relating to, and to support the participation of non-Federal entities (such as State and local governments, tribal governments, nongovernmental organizations, and individuals) in, environmental conflict resolution proceedings involving Federal agencies.´´.
Approved December 6, 2003.