From pole to pole let others roam
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The LORD is my portion by John Newton
- From pole to pole let others roam,
- And search in vain for bliss;
- My soul is satisfied at home,
- The Lord my portion is.
- Jesus, who on his glorious throne
- Rules heav'n and earth and sea;
- Is pleased to claim me for his own,
- And give himself to me.
- His person fixes all my love,
- His blood removes my fear;
- And while he pleads for me above,
- His arm preserves me here.
- His word of promise is my food,
- His Spirit is my guide;
- Thus daily is my strength renewed
- And all my wants supplied.
- For him I count as gain each loss,
- Disgrace, for him, renown;
- Well may I glory in his cross,
- While he prepares my crown!
- Let worldlings then indulge their boast,
- How much they gain or spend!
- Their joys must soon give up the ghost,
- But mine shall know no end.