Great Shepherd of Thy Chosen Flock
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Great Shepherd of Thy Chosen Flock by John Newton
- Great Shepherd of Thy chosen flock,
- Thy people’s Shield, their shadowing Rock,
- Once more we meet to hear Thy voice,
- Once more before Thee to rejoice.
- Now may Thy Spirit, by the Word,
- Refresh each wearied heart, O Lord,
- Wearied of earth’s vain strife and woe,
- And longing more Thyself to know.
- Thine is the heart our griefs to feel,
- And Thine the love each wound to heal;
- Home Thou art gone for us to care,
- Returning soon to take us there.