Heal us, EMMANUEL, here we are
Jump to navigation Jump to search
JEHOVAH-ROPHI, I am the Lord that healeth thee by William Cowper
- Heal us, EMMANUEL, here we are,
- Waiting to feel thy touch;
- Deep wounded souls to thee repair,
- And, Savior we are such.
- Our faith is feeble we confess,
- We faintly trust thy word;
- But wilt thou pity us the less?
- Be that far from thee, Lord!
- Remember him who once applied
- With trembling for relief;
- "Lord, I believe, with tears he cried,
- O help my unbelief."
- She too, who touched thee in the press,
- And healing virtue stole;
- Was answered, "Daughter, go in peace,
- Thy faith hath made thee whole."
- Concealed amid the gath'ring throng,
- She would have shunned thy view;
- And if her faith was firm and strong,
- Had strong misgivings too.
- Like her, with hopes and fears, we come,
- To touch thee if we may;
- O! send us not despairing home,
- Send none unhealed away.