Help:Beginner's guide to adding texts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Beginner's guide to adding texts||Sources →|
|Overview of the steps involved in adding texts.|
- Upload a scan to Wikimedia Commons. The text must no longer be under copyright in the United States and in the country of origin to be allowed on Wikimedia Commons. If it is in the public domain in the United States, but not in the country of origin, you should upload the file to Wikisource instead.
- Create an index page for the scan.
- Proofread each page.
- Someone else must validate each page.
- Transclude the work to the main namespace.
- Apply the normal finishing touches to the work in the main namespace.