|← Help pages||Text status|
- Not to be confused with Page status.
Text status is an indication of the quality of a transcribed work, and is generally based on the progress status of the work's Index page. On English Wikisource, there are five different text statuses:
- Not proofread - Some pages of the work have not yet been proofread.
- Problematic - Some pages of the work have been marked problematic and need to be fixed.
- Proofread - All (textual) pages of the work have been proofread by at least one editor, and the Index page has the progress status "To be validated".
- Validated - All (textual) pages of the work have been proofread by multiple editors, and the Index page has the progress status "Done".
- Digital document - The work's original form is digital and thus does not need transcription or proofreading.
To assign a text status to a work on Wikisource, you must follow two steps:
- Make sure the work has an associated item on Wikidata.
- Assign the appropriate badge to the Wikisource sitelink on the Wikidata item page.