Hymns Ancient and Modern/O come, O come, Emmanuel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For other versions of this work, see O come, O come, Emmanuel.
- O come, O come, Emmanuel,
- And ransom captive Israel,
- That mourns in lonely exile here
- Until the Son of God appear.
- Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
- shall come to thee, O Israel.
- O come, Thou Rod of Jesse, free
- Thine own from Satan's tyranny;
- From depths of hell Thy people save,
- And give them victory over the grave.
- O come, Thou Day-spring, come and cheer
- Our spirits by Thine advent here;
- And drive away the shades of night
- And pierce the clouds and bring us light!
- O come, Thou Key of David, come,
- And open wide our heavenly home;
- Make safe the way that leads on high,
- And close the path to misery.
- O come, O come, Thou Lord of might,
- Who to Thy tribes on Sinai's height
- In ancient times once gave the law
- In cloud, and majesty, and awe.