I Wonder Where My Easy Rider's Gone
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Miss Susie Johnson is a crazy as can be
- About that easy riding kid they call Jockey Lee,
- Now don't you think it's funny, only bets her money
- In the race friend Jockey's goin' to be
- There was a race down at the track the other day,
- And Susie got an inside tip right away
- She bet a "hundred to one" that her little "Hon"
- Would bring home all the "mon"
- When she found out "Jockey" was not there,
- Miss Susie cried out in despair
- I wonder where my easy rider's gone today,
- He never told me he was goin' away
- If he was here he'd win the race
- If not first, he'd get a "place"
- Cash in our winnings, on a "joy-ride" we'd go, right away
- I'm losing my money, that's why I am blue.
- To win a race, Lee knows just what to do.
- I'd put all my junk in pawn,
- To bet on any horse that jockey's on.
- Oh! I wonder where my easy rider's gone.
- Miss Susie said "Now here's a chance to make some dough
- I dreamed about a horse's name, now that's right, I know,
- And Lee can win more races at more diff'rent places
- Wins them just as easy as can be
- Now ev'rybody 'round the tracks likes Jockey Lee,
- I'm crazy 'bout him 'cause he's so good to me,
- He is a racer for fair, but rides "on the square",
- I tell you that boy's "there"
- That he's not here makes me feel so blue,
- He's all I had I'm telling you