Jesus Calls Us, O'er the Tumult (Rylands)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For other versions of this work, see Jesus Calls Us, O'er the Tumult.
- Jesus calls us o'er the tumult
- Of our life's wild restless sea;
- Day by day his clear voice soundeth,
- Saying, "Christian, follow me."
- So of old St. Andrew heard it
- By the Galilean lake,
- Turned from home, and toil, and kindred,
- Leaving all for his dear sake.
- Jesus calls us from the worship
- Of the vain world's golden store,
- From each idol that would keep us,
- Saying, "Christian, love me more."
- In our joys and in our sorrows,
- Days of toil and hours of ease,
- Still he calls, in cares and pleasures,
- "Christian, love me more than these."
- Jesus calls us: by Thy mercies,
- Saviour, may we hear thy call!
- Give our hearts to thine obedience,
- Serve and love thee best of all.