Main functions of Jiangsu Provincial Bureau for Letters and Calls
- To handle letters and telephones of people from home and abroad that file complaints to CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Jiangsu Provincial Government, receive visitors and maintain smooth channels for complaint reporting; to present, in a timely and accurate manner, important suggestions, opinions and problems in complaint reporting by letter and telephone to CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Jiangsu Provincial Government as well as leaders of the General Offices of CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Jiangsu Provincial Government; to comprehensively analyze information reflected in complaint reporting, conduct research and investigation and submit proposals on relevant guidelines and policies.
- To handle complaints assigned or transferred by CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Central Committee, the State Council, National People’s Congress, National People’s Political Consultative Conference, departments and organizations of the four state authorities as well as leaders of CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Jiangsu Provincial Government, and facilitate and follow up the enforcement of instructions made by leaders on some complaint cases; to assign and transfer complaints to relevant government departments at the same or lower level, enterprises and public institutions, and facilitate and examine the handling of important complaint reporting.
- To coordinate the handling of important cross-region cross-department complaint reporting; to coordinate the handling of local people’s visits to Beijing to appeal for intervention, abnormal and emergency compliant reporting; to investigate and handle repeated complaints and important complaint reports.
- To check, guide and coordinate work on complaint reporting of municipalities and counties (cities, districts) in the province, and departments and organizations of the Provincial Government; to participate in research and drafting of guidelines, policies, drafts of laws and regulations of the province’s work on complaint reporting; to organize and put in place the system of management by objectives for the province’s work on complaint reporting; summarize and spread the experiences in the work of handling complaint reporting, and propose suggestions on improvement in the work.
- To solicit and screen suggestions from the general public, present important ones to CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Provincial Government; to investigate important complaint cases that have an overall bearing or involve quite a many parties, and propose solutions or suggestions.
- To obtain information about team building in this field and organize training for government officials who work on compliant reporting; to guide implication of office automation technologies in government departments for compliant reporting.
- To publicize and distribute information related to complaint reporting; to provide advice on laws, regulations and policies to people who file complaints through letter, telephone calls or visits.
- To coordinate with public security force, armed police and security departments in their efforts to handle demonstrations, assembly and petitions that voice group complaints and call for intervention from government at a higher level.
- To undertake other duties assigned by CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee, Provincial Government, and leaders of the General Offices of CPC(Chinese Communist Party) Jiangsu Provincial Committee and Provincial Government.
- To handle important, unusual and emergency cases of complaint reporting, including cases when people go to Beijing to appeal for intervention.