NIOSH Hazard Review: Carbonless Copy Paper/Acknowledgments
This document was developed by the staff of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). Paul A. Schulte, Ph.D., Director, Education and Information Division, had overall responsibility for the document. Major NIOSH contributors were Richard W. Niemeier, Ph.D. (project team leader), toxicologist; Barry R. Belinky, chemist; Lawrence F. Mazzuckelli, toxicologist; Mark A. Toraason, Ph.D., toxicologist; Kenneth Weber, Ph.D., toxicologist; David Weissman, M.D., clinical immunologist; Leslie T. Stayner, Ph.D., epidemiologist; and Robert Park, epidemiologist. NIOSH reviewers included Marilyn A. Fingerhut, Ph.D.; Gary Kent Hatfield, Ph.D.; Kay Kreiss, M.D.; Boris D. Lushniak, M.D.; Bonita D. Malit, M.D., M.P.H.; Leela Murthy, Ph.D.; Andrea Okun, Dr.P.H.; Lynne Pinkerton, M.D., M.P.H.; Kyle Steenland, Ph.D.; Marie Haring Sweeney, Ph.D.; and Mitch Singal, M.D., M.P.H.
Editorial review and camera copy production were provided by Vanessa Becks, Susan Feldmann, Anne C. Hamilton, Susan Kaelin, and Jane Weber. Erica Davis, Karen Dragon, Rose Hagedorn, and Kris Wasmund provided word processing.
We thank the following external peer reviewers for their contributions:
R.J. McCunney, M.D., M.P.H., American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM), Arlington Heights, Illinois
W.J. Waddell, M.D., Professor and Chairman, Emeritus, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky
M.B. Kent, Acting Director, Health Standards, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Washington, D.C.
L.E. Saltzman, Director, Division of Health Studies, Consumer Product Safety Commission
Mark R. Cullen, M.D., Director, Occupational and Environmental Medicine Program, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
D.S. Rigel, M.D., President, American Academy of Dermatology, Schaumburg, Illinois
C.J. Schmidt, Assistant Director, Analytical Toxicology Core Laboratory, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
G.M. Marsh, Ph.D., Professor of Biostatistics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
J.S. Morawetz, Director, ICWUC Center for Worker Health and Safety Education, Cincinnati, Ohio
P. Skov, M.D., Clinic of Occupational Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J. T. McClintock, Ph.D., Chief, Science Support Branch, Risk Assessment Division, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency--including reviews by the following:
- D. Bruce Henschel, Indoor Environmental Management Branch
- Matt Gillen, C.I.H., Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
- Terry O'Bryan, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
- John Scalera, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics
- Ronald Ward, Ph.D., Science Support Branch, Risk Assessment Division
- J. Beaubier, Ph.D., Science Support Branch, Risk Assessment Division
- Gregory J. Macek, C.E.B.
The Sapphire Group, Bethesda, Maryland—representing the CCP industry and including reviews from the following:
- Robert G. Tardiff, Ph.D., ATS, President of The Sapphire Group Carol
- Gevecker Graves, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, The Sapphire Group
- Rudolph J. Jaeger, Ph.D., DABT, DABFM, Professor of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine; Principal Scientist at Environmental Medicine, Inc.; CEO of CH Technologies, Inc.
- Noel R. Rose, M.D., Ph.D., Professor of Medicine, and Professor and Chairman, Department of Immunology and Infectious Diseases, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
- Andrew Saxon, M.D., Professor of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Chief, Division of Clinical Immunology/Allergy, Associate in Molecular Biology Institute, University of California, Los Angeles, California
- Richard B. Schlesinger, Ph.D., Professor, Director of Graduate Studies Program in Environmental Health, Systemic Toxicology Program and Laboratory for Pulmonary Biology and Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Department of Environmental Medicine, New York University School of Medicine
- Genevieve Matanoski, M.D., The Johns Hopkins University
- Professional Consultants in Occupational Health, Inc., Bethesda, Maryland