Not Yet (Kern and Wodehouse)
For works with similar titles, see Not Yet.
- I cannot see
- What there can be,
- For any other people in the world but you and me.
- Yes, go where we may,
- They get in our way;
- I wish we could contrive it
- Now and then to get a word in private!
- Oh dear! won't it just be splendid
- In the time that's coming soon,
- When, this weary waiting ended
- We start our honeymoon
- None near us to see or hear us
- The whole wide world we will forget
- Oh, what joy to stay in your arms all day
- But not yet umm
- Not yet.
- Each time I start
- To pour out my heart,
- Some tactless person comes along and we are driven apart.
- Life might be, my pet,
- A lovely duet;
- But all these folks who bore us
- Seem to think that we require a chorus.