Official Code of Georgia Annotated/Title 1/Chapter 2
- Section 1: Classes of persons generally; “natural person” defined; corporations deemed artificial persons; nature of corporations generally.
- Section 2: Categories of natural persons.
- Section 3: Duration of citizenship.
- Section 4: Right of expatriation.
- Section 5: Reacquisition of citizenship by expatriated persons and descendants.
- Section 6: Rights of citizens generally.
- Section 7: Rights of female citizens generally.
- Section 8: Rights of minors.
- Section 9: Rights of citizens of the United States while in this state generally.
- Section 10: Rights of citizens of other states or nations to sue or give evidence.
- Section 11: Rights of aliens generally; purchase, holding, and conveyance of realty.
Cross references.—Duty of General Assembly to enact laws to protect rights, privileges, and immunities due citizens of state, Ga. Const. 1983, Art. I, Sec. I, Para. VII.
Editor’s notes.—By resolution (Ga. L. 1986, p. 529), the General Assembly designated the English language as the official language of the State of Georgia.
Law reviews.—For annual survey of trial practice and procedure, see 56 Mercer L. Rev. 433 (2004).
ALR.—Disloyalty or mental reservation as ground for cancellation of certificate of citizenship, 18 A. L. R. 1185.
Right of alien to reenter after temporary absence, 57 A. L. R. 1131.
Effect of marriage of alien woman to one then an American citizen on right to enter or remain in this country, 71 A. L. R. 1213.
Suits and remedies against alien enemies, 137 A. L. R. 1361; 147 A. L. R. 1309; 148 A. L. R. 1386; 149 A. L. R. 1454; 152 A. L. R. 1451; 153 A. L. R. 1418; 155 A. L. R. 1451; 156 A. L. R. 1448; 157 A. L. R. 1449.
Right of alien enemy to take by inheritance or by will, 147 A. L. R. 1297; 148 A. L. R. 1384; 149 A. L. R. 1451; 150 A. L. R. 1418; 152 A. L. R. 1450.
Effect of war on litigation pending at the time of its outbreak, 147 A. L. R. 1298; 148 A. L. R. 1384; 149 A. L. R. 1452; 150 A. L. R. 1418; 154 A. L. R. 1447.
Domicile or residence of person in the armed forces, 152 A. L. R. 1471; 153 A. L. R. 1442; 155 A. L. R. 1466; 156 A. L. R. 1465; 157 A. L. R. 1462; 158 A. L. R. 1474.
Validity, construction, and effect of provisions in life or accident policy in relation to military service, 36 A. L. R. 2d 1018.
Recovery of damages as remedy for wrongful discrimination under state or local civil rights provisions, 85 A. L. R. 3d 351.