On What Has Now Been Sown
On What Has Now Been Sown by John Newton
- On what has now been sown
- Thy blessing, Lord, bestow;
- The power is Thine alone
- To make it spring and grow.
- Do Thou in grace the harvest raise,
- And Thou alone shalt have the praise.
- To Thee our wants are known,
- From Thee are all our powers;
- Accept what is Thine own
- And pardon what is ours.
- Our praises, Lord, and prayers receive
- And to Thy Word a blessing give.
- Oh, grant that each of us
- Now met before Thee here
- May meet together thus
- When Thou and Thine appear
- And follow Thee to Heav’n, our home.
- E’en so, Amen, Lord Jesus, come!