This page has been validated.
United Nations - Treaty Series
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the Federation of Malaya, North Borneo, Sarawak and Singapore;
- Desiring to conclude an agreement relating to Malaysia;
- Agree as follows:
- The Colonies of North Borneo and Sarawak and the State of Singapore shall be federated with the existing States of the Federation of Malaya as the States of Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore in accordance with the constitutional instruments annexed to this Agreement and the Federation shall thereafter be called " Malaysia ".
- The Government of the Federation of Malaya will take such steps as may be appropriate and available to them to secure the enactment by the Parliament of the Federation of Malaya of an Act in the form set out in Annex A to this Agreement and that it is brought into operation on 31st August 1963 * (and the date on which the said Act is brought into operation is hereinafter referred to as " Malaysia Day
- The Government of the United Kingdom will submit to Her Britannic Majesty before Malaysia Day Orders in Council for the purpose of giving the force of law to the Constitutions of Sabah, Sarawak and Singapore as States of Malaysia which are set out in Annexes B, C and D to this Agreement.
- The Government of the United Kingdom will take such steps as may be appropriate and available to them to secure the enactment by the Parliament
- Came into force on 16 September 1963, in accordance with article II, as amended by the Agreement of 28 August 1963 (see page 241 of this volume).