This page has been validated.
Res. No. 41/21-P
- 13 -
- its effectiveness and efficiency and avoid duplication of tasks and multiple parallel mechanisms.
- the interdependence and indivisibility of economic, social, cultural, civil and political rights, and the need to give equal emphasis to all categories of human rights.
- concern over violation of human rights, including manifestations of racial discrimination, racism, apartheid, colonialism, foreign aggression and occupation, and the establishment of illegal settlements in occupied territories, as well as the recent resurgence of intolerance, neo-nazism, xenophobia and ethnic cleansing.
- that self-determination is a principle of international law and a universal right recognized by the United Nations for peoples under alien or colonial domination or foreign occupation, by virtue of which they can freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development, and that its denial constitutes a grave violation of human rights.
- that the right to self-determination is applicable to peoples under alien or colonial domination or foreign occupation, and should not be used to undermine the territorial integrity, national sovereignty and political independence of States.
- reaffirms its support for the legitimate struggle of the Palestinian people to restore their national and inalienable rights to self-determination and independence, and demands an immediate end to the grave violations of human rights in the Palestinian, Syrian Golan and other occupied Arab territories including Jerusalem as well as the immediate withdrawal of Israeli forces from all occupied territories.
- its support for the legitimate struggle of the people of South Africa for the total eradication of Apartheid and their right to establish a non-racial democratic system.
- its support for the fundamental human rights of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, including their right to self-determination and calls for an immediate end to the violations of their human rights.
- the genocide being perpetrated against the people of Bosnia-Herzegovina and calls for urgent action by the international community to halt the massive violations of their human rights.