be necessary to enforce the decisions emanating from international organs as provided for under this article.
Nationality and Citizenship
Section One: Nationality
Article 32: Are Venezuelans by birth:
- (1) Any person who was born within the territory of the Republic.
- (2) Any person who was born in a foreign territory, and is the child of a father and mother who are both Venezuelans by birth.
- (3) Any person who was born in a foreign territory, and is the child of a father or a mother, who is Venezuelan by birth, provided they have established residence within the territory of the Republic or declared their intention to obtain the Venezuelan nationality.
- (4) Any person who was born in a foreign territory, and is the child of a father or a mother who is Venezuelan by naturalization, provided that prior to reaching the age of 18, they establish their residence within the territory of the Republic, and before reaching the age of 25 declare their intention to obtain the Venezuelan nationality.
Article 33: Are considered Venezuelans by naturalization:
- (1) Foreign nationals who obtain a naturalization letter. In order to do so, they must have at least ten years of uninterrupted residence immediately preceding the application date.
- (2) The period of residence shall be reduced to five years in the case of foreign nationals whose original nationality is that of Spain, Portugal, Italy, or a Latin American or Caribbean country.
- (3) Foreign nationals who marry a Venezuelan, upon declaring their wish to adopt the Venezuelan nationality, which may be done at least five years after the date of marriage.
- (4) Minors of foreign nationality, on the date of the naturalization of one of his/her parent who exercises parental authority, pro-