|Act No. 2, 2003||Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Amendment Act, 2003|
(4) A party which has not been registered in terms of any law applicable to the registration of political parties is regarded as a party for the purposes of this Schedule, but such a party must apply for registration as a party in accordance with applicable law within the period referred to in subitem (1) (a) or (b). If the party is not registered within four months after the expiry of that period, it is regarded as having ceased to exist, and the seats in question must be allocated to the remaining parties in accordance with applicable law.
Composition of legislature maintained until election or reconstitution in terms of Schedule
5. (1) After the expiry of a period referred to in item 4 (1) (a) or (b), the composition of a legislature which has been reconstituted as a result of any conduct in terms of item 2 or 3 is maintained until the next election of that legislature or until the composition of the legislature is reconstituted in accordance with item 2 or 3.
(2) Within seven days after the expiry of a period referred to in item 4 (1) (a) or (b), each party represented in a legislature contemplated in subitem (1) must submit a list of its candidates to the Secretary of the legislature.
(3) The Speaker of a legislature contemplated in subitem (1) must, within seven days after the expiry of a period referred to in item 4 (1) (a) or (b), publish a notice in the Gazette which must reflect—
Transitional arrangement in respect of retention of membership of legislature in event of change of party membership, mergers between parties, subdivision of parties and subdivision and merger of parties
6. (1) During the first 15 days immediately following the date of the commencement of this Schedule—