|Constitution of the Western Cape, 1997||Act No. 1, 1998|
(2) Provincial legislation envisaged in sections 65 and 70 of this Constitution must be enacted within 12 months of the date when this Constitution took effect.
1. Section 42 of this Constitution is deemed to read as follows:
(1) The Provincial Cabinet consists of the Premier, as head of the Provincial Cabinet, and—
(a) no fewer than five and no more than ten Provincial Ministers who are members of the Provincial Parliament; and
(b) a maximum of two Provincial Ministers who are eligible to be but are not members of the Provincial Parliament, provided the Premier deems the appointment of such Provincial Ministers expedient.
(2) The Premier appoints the Provincial Ministers, assigns their powers and functions, and may dismiss them.
2. Section 43 of this Constitution is deemed to contain the following additional subsection:
(4) A Provincial Minister referred to in section 42(1)(b) may attend, and may speak in, the Provincial Parliament, but may not vote, and is entitled to the privilege set out in section 26 of this Constitution.