NO. 27 OF 2003
Injunction Proposals Review Panel
10.—(1) The Minister may, by notification in the Gazette, appoint an Injunction Proposals Review Panel consisting of—
- (a) a Chairman;
- (b) a Deputy Chairman who shall be a public officer or an officer of any statutory board; and
- (c) at least one other member.
(2) The members of the Panel shall hold office for such period as may be determined by the Minister and shall, on ceasing to be a member, be eligible for reappointment.
(3) The Minister may, at any time, revoke the appointment of any member of the Panel without assigning any reason.
(4) A member of the Panel may resign his office at any time by giving notice in writing to the Minister.
(5) The Panel shall have the power to do anything necessary, incidental or conducive for the purpose of discharging its functions under this Act and, in particular, may—
- (a) consider any proposal by a specified body to apply for a declaration or an injunction against a supplier under section 9 referred to the Panel by the Chairman; and
- (b) if the Panel is satisfied that it is in the public interest, endorse the proposal referred to in paragraph (a).
(6) The constitution and the proceedings of the Panel shall be governed by the provisions in the Third Schedule.
(7) No act or thing done by or under the authority of the Panel shall be invalid in consequence of any defect that is subsequently discovered in the appointment or qualification of the members or any of them.
(8) Subject to subsection (9), except insofar as may be necessary for the purposes of giving effect to any decision of the Panel, confidentiality shall be maintained in all proceedings conducted by the Panel.