W. H. W.
SIR WILLIAM HENRY WILLCoX, K.C.I.E., C.B., C.M.G., M.D., F.R.C.P
- Consulting Physician to the Mesopotamia Expeditionary Force, 1916-9. Physiespotamia: Medicalcian to St. Mary's Hospital, London.
LIEUTENANT-COLONEL WILHELM JUNCK.
- Austro-Hungarian Engineer Corps. Formerly of the Munitions Section of the Austro-Hungarian Military Technical Committee and the Munitions Department of the War Ministry
- Munitions of War: Central Powers (in part).
W. J. C.
W. J. CHILDs.
- Late of the Intelligence Department of the Admiralty (Geographical Section).
- Georgia; Ottoman Empire.
W. K. McC.
WILLIAM KIDSTON McCLURE, M.A. (Oxon.)
- Late Correspondent of The Times in Rome. Correspondent of The Times on the Italian Front, 1915-7. Author of Italy's Part in the War; Italy in North Africa; Chapters on Italy in The Times History of thε War; etc.
- Italian Campaign
- Italo-Turkish War
W. L. B
CAPTAIN WILLIAM LEWIS BLENNERHASSETT, D.S.O., O.B.E.
- French Croix de Guerre. Acting British Vice-Consul at Kovno, Lithuania.
- Finland; Isvolsky, A. P;
W. L. G.*
WILLIAM L. GRIFFITH.
- Permanent Secretary, Office of the High Commissioner for Canada, London. Author of The Dominion of Canada; article on "Canada," Oxford Survey of thevBrilish Empire.
- Mantoba; New Brunswick;
- North-West Territories;
- Nova Scotia; Ontario.
W. M. Lo.
LIEUTENANT-COLONEL WILHELM MÜLLER-LOEBNITZ.
- Late General Staff, German Army. Ober-Archivrat in the Reichsarchiv. Formerly in the Military History Section of the Great General Staff. During the World War served on the General Staff of XII. Corps and VI. and "A" Armies
and as a Regimental Commander. Author of Der Wendepunkt des Weltkriegs and other monographs.
- Lys, Battles of the.
W. O. S.
WILLIAM OSCAR SCROOGs, A.M., PHD.
- Financial writer on the New York Evening Post. Formerly Professor of Economics and Sociology, Louisiana State University. Author of Filibusters and Louisiana, Financiers.
W. R. N
WALTER ROSENHAIN, B.A., D.Sc., F.INST.P., F.R.S.
- Superintendent, Metallurgy Department, National Physical Laboratory. Author of Introduction to the Study of Physical Metallurgy; Glass Maufadure; etc.
W. R. Ma.
WILLIAM R. MANNING, PH.D.
- Economist, Latin-American Division. Department of State. Author of Nootka Sound Controversy (Justin Winsor Prize Essay of American Historical Association, 1904); Early Diplomalic Relations Belween the United States and Mexica
(Albert Shaw Lectures, Johns Hopkins University, 1913); etc.
WILFRED TROTTER, M.S. (Lond.), F.R.C.S.
- Surgeon, University College Hospital.
- Nervous System (Surgery)
WALTER THOMAS LAYTON, M.A., C.H.
Fellow of Caius College, Cambridge. University Lecturer, Cambridge University. Lecturer, Workers' Educational Association, 1916-9. Member of British Munitions Council during the World War. Temporary Director, Economic and Financial Section, League of Nations. Director, National Federation of Iron and Steel Manufacturers. Director, Welwyn Garden City. Author of Capital and Labour; Introduction to the Study of Prices.
- Munitions of War: United Kingdom (in part).
W. W. M.
WILLIAM WATTS MACON.
- Editor of The Iron Age, New York.
- Iron and Steel.
- Initial used for anonymous contributors.
GENERAL YOURI DANILOV.
- Kornilov (in part).