?? H. VIII.Henry Standish, S.T.D, appointed by papal bull, dated 28th May 1518, and consecrated at Otford 11th July following. He died 9th July 1535, and was buried in the Minories, London.
A congé d'élire vice Henry Standish issued 7th Jan. 1535-6, pursuant to which
?? H. VIII.William Barlow, S.T.P., was elected 16th Jan. 1535—6, received the royal assent 27th Feb. and was confirmed by the archbishop on the following day. On 21st April 1536, he was translated to St. David's.
On the translation of bishop Barlow to St. David's a license to elect a bishop in his room issued 29th May 1536, and
?? H. VIII.Robert Warton, S.T.B., abbot of St. Saviour's Bermondsey, was elected 8th June 1536, received the royal assent to his election on the 24th of the same month, and the archbishop's confirmation two
- According to Godwin, he was first abbot of Strat-Marchell and afterwards of Conway.
- Die xi Feb. 15 12-3 David permissione Divina Assavensis Episcopus fecit testamentum nuncupativum, &c.
- Reg. Warham, fol. 16.
- Reg. Warham. fol. 21.
- Reg. Cranm.
- Pat. 27 Hen. VIII. p.1. m.11.
- Ibid. p. 2. m. 11.
- Reg. Cran. fol. 179. His consecration is not registered.
- Reg. Cranm. fol. 205. On 3rd Feb. 1548-9 he was removed to Bath and Wells, from which he was expelled by queen Mary; but he was appointed to Chichester by queen Elizabeth 20th Dec. 1559.
- Pat. 28 Hen.VIII. p. 2. m. 9.
- Alias Wroton, alias Parfew, alias Warbington.
- Reg. Cranm.
- Pat. 28 Hen. VIII. p. 2. m.9.